"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
-Hebrews 12:2

Monday, September 20, 2010

I consider my life nothing.

Today has been a very hard day.
Its been tough, even from the moment I got out of bed.
It's just been "one of those days".

Normally I would be grouchy and upset and just want to curl up and go to sleep, but throughout this entire day I have felt an overwhelming calm.

There is so much wrong in this world. So much hurt. So much pain. So much sin.
It's easy to become overwhelmed with the struggles. The mountain's that keep growing and growing for years, the one's you think can't be concurred. But the pain will end, and the sorry will cease. Tears will be no more, and joy will be all there is.

I love the entire book of Acts, but chapter 20 verses 22-24 are so beautiful. "And now, compelled by the spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, in only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's Grace."

I hope that changes your perspective..your life. I know it changed mine.

Jesus really really loves you.

xoxo Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment