"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
-Hebrews 12:2

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh, How He Loves.



On February 5th I was driving into Peoria after having an amazing dinner and game night with my dear Aunt Deb, Uncle Brent, and cousins..Tanner,Ellie,Alaina, and Dallas. It was a great night, full of laughter and smiles.

I was cruising along listening to a heart pounding sermon given by David Jeremiah. All of the sudden a car pulled out in front of me and before i knew what was happening i was flying over a median and into oncoming traffic. Lights flashed before me and I cried out to God to protect me. The next thing i knew I had glass all over me. My car was in the ditch, on the complete other side of the road from where i was originally driving. The car I collided with (a mustang, go figure) was 20 ft away from me. David Jeremiah was still preaching. I reached up and felt my head, I pulled my hand away and saw blood. To put it lightly my head was pounding. I looked over to see the passenger side door of my car two inches away from me.That's what smacked my head, hence the migraine. A man ran over to the ditch and helped me swing my legs out. He asked me if i was ok. He gave me his phone to call my parents. He gave me a hug and offered me his coat and earmuffs. He called my "honey" and said he was glad I was ok. He told me I was "lucky". I like to think of him as my earthly guardian angel. I was rushed to the hospital and was there for several hours. My Aunt Deb, my brother, and his girlfriend came and stayed with me. It's an act of God that I only had a severe concussion and a few bruises.

A week later, after recovering from my accident I came home from school with severe stomach pains. The "bent-over-not-able-to-walk" kind of pain stayed for several hours. After about 6 hours of this insane pain I went to the ER again. After hours and hours of tests the doctors decided to do surgery for what they thought was an ovarian cyst. The doctors had told me my ovaries were probably detroyed. Lets just say me and Jesus did alot of chatting that night. He's a fantastic friend. Turns out the cyst was ruptured and my ovaries are fine. Having kids of my own has always been a dream of mine. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. He does answer prayers.

Lots of miracles have happened in my life.

Recently i was just thinking, comtemplating life and all it's mysteries. All the sudden it hit me.

Jesus took the hit for me.

I like to picture angels flying around my car as it slid across the road on that cold Friday night. Jesus is always with me. And He was with me that night. Right in the passenger seat. protecting me. He took the hit for me.

The night when I basically passed out from my stomach pains, He was right there with me, holding my hand.

He took the hit for us ALL.

Have you ever had a burden? A problem? A hurt? A worry?

Guess what?

Jesus overcame ALL of that. Every single thing that has worried you, hurt you, or caused you stress. Jesus bore all of that on the cross.

He bore our sin. OUR sin. not His. ours.

He died so that I didn't have to.

So that WE don't have to.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" -John 15:13


The least we can do is turn our hearts and lives over to Him.

Thank you, Jesus.

With all of my heart I thank you, Jesus.

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon a cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
--------------------------------
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.


We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

He loves us.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I got chills while reading this! I'm amazed at your thoughts. I don't think I could write words like that. You def. have expereinced a lot lately! I really needed to read this...especially before communion this Sat.! Simply amazing! This is so what I needed to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I should of said....just what I needed at 1:45 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate. :)
    I was up late after watching "The Passion Of The Christ" and felt the intense need to blog. :) I'm happy somebody reads my endless blabbering. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing. like, seriously, amazing. i am in awe. it's an incredible story, and you got your point across beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel.
    thanks so much.
    you are such a dear. :)

    ReplyDelete