"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
-Hebrews 12:2

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Consume Me.

I love too much
and hurt too easily.
If mistrust is a disease
then I'm dying.

Inadequacy fills up my heart
crushes my hope and flattens my faith.
I feel like its time for a fresh start.


Sometimes I wonder if things will ever change.
Is anyone willing to try?
will there ever be someone who knows me for who I am?
expectations are high, but hope tends to run dry.
I wanna be in love with You.
Consume me like a fire. Oh please, make me new.

I wanna have You on my mind all the time
sick the of the games that I've been playing.
face down, hands raised, I am praying
for the day when I can be with you forever.

My father. My friend. My savior. My lord.
you are everything to me.
To you, I am beautiful.
You're the only one that will never leave..
I believe, oh I Believe.

2 comments:

  1. this is, quite possibly, your best post yet.
    oh, how i love you, dearest lizzie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thanks girl.
    Lady Rachel, you rock my world. :)

    ReplyDelete