"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
-Hebrews 12:2

Saturday, January 23, 2010

[love is an action]

I've been thinking about how much I am missing out on. Sometimes I'm so focused on myself, that I miss all these "tiny" blessings and miracles that go on all around me. I need to take the time to smile at someone. You never know how much that could help a person. They may see Jesus in that smile. What about a simple hug? I know there are days when I just need a hug, someone to reassure me that it's all gonna be ok..that God's got it under control. Sometimes that's all it takes. A quick text or phone call can brighten up someones day. A warm smile, an "I love you", or even a few hours of shared feelings and struggles, joys or burdens, could change someones life for the better.

"Open my eyes, Jesus. Help me to see through Your eyes. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Help me to be more focused on others than on my own feelings or needs. Fill me with your love and compassion. Help me not to miss opportunities. Help me to be filled with Your passion and love for others."
Lets open our eyes.

xoxo

Lizzie.

1 comment:

  1. .i love you. =)
    wow, you're so right though. i'm going to try smile at people more often!

    ReplyDelete