"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
-Hebrews 12:2

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lets Open Our Eyes.

I can't stop thinking about how seriously ignorant we Americans came be at times.

I mean seriously. Today I was at work, in a warm building with plenty to eat, getting paid what probably over half the world's population would consider a fortune. And guess what I'm doing?

Complaining about my bad hair day!

Ridiculous, I know. I'm quite ashamed.

I should be praying for those who don't have hair, due to some awful disease like that nasty cancer.

I should be praying for those who are in Haiti right now. The missionaries, the lost, the buried, the deceased, the living.

I should be praying for those individuals who are kidnapped and trapped and forced to prostitute themselves at the price of their next breath.

I should be praying for those who don't know Jesus.

But I just sit there complaining about my bad hair day.

silly, silly me.

Can you imagine what this world would be like if we all did what we SHOULD be doing? It'd probably be a lot more beautiful. Thank you Jesus for Your Grace.

So we mess up. I don't think any of us will deny this.

But lets keep on keeping on. Lets move on. Lets improve.

In this coming week (or even tomorrow!)ask God to help you to see things, people, and situations through our Father's eyes.

Ask Him to break our hearts for what breaks His heart.

And then maybe, just maybe, this world can see what it's like to let Jesus live through you and me.

Stay Focused. [on HIM]

xoxo

Lizzie.

3 comments: