"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
-Hebrews 12:2

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life Abundant.

God has been teaching me a lot lately. One thing He's been telling me is that there seriously is more to life than just going around stuck in my own little world just letting time pass me by. I'm sure you're all like "DUH..of course there is"...but sometimes this girl gets too caught up and needs to just stop and think about life. Think about Jesus. Think about the fact that we're sitting on a giant ball right now that is flying around however fast and we're just like "oh life is fine".

See..a life without God may be "fine"..individuals that don't know Jesus Christ as their personal savior may be very successful people..they may have a good family and a fantastic job. Seriously though, just stop and think. Even people that have been born again can be victims of this. I can totally fall into this trap. Life is "fine". Life is "working for me". Hey, I'm not saying this is horrible. I don't want people going around hating their life. But this is one thing that God's word says..and it's really stuck out to me lately...

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."

Our Savior Jesus Christ said this in John chapter 10 verse 10. He doesn't want life just to "work" for us. He wants us to have LIFE...and not just that..but life ABUNDANT. This abundant life comes from and through Jesus Christ.

When we're following Christ and His seriously amazing example He can give us an insane amount of JOY. I admit it, there may be times when someone asks me how I am and I want to say "TERRIBLE". But really. I have the abundant life. I have Jesus Christ. I am beyond blessed. He has saved me and given me ETERNAL life with HIM. Now..what rocks more than that?

So really..I'm not doing "just fine". I'm not "okay". I'm GREAT. I'm better than GREAT. I have abundant LIFE through Jesus Christ. Guys. I'm feeling amazing. :)

xoxo.

Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment